Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fraudulent call?

I just called a number that claimed to be Apple support. I am trying to set up a friends iPad and the man said he had to verify my I’d. He asked for my debit card number and had me down load a pay app. I am older and just did what he told me. I think I gave him access to my account. I need to call Apple tech support to find out if it is what they do. Does anyone have. Phone number. I can’t seem to find it.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 3:16 PM

Yes it was a fraudulent scam call. Apple is not going to have you download any apps to execute a payment. Make sure that you change or cancel any information that you shared with that person such as your Debit Card etc. Cancel that card and get a new one issued. Call you bank and ensure that your accounts are safe and not being siphoned out with that debit card.

The best way to contact Apple Support is via this link  ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2020 3:16 PM in response to Rosemary2612

Yes it was a fraudulent scam call. Apple is not going to have you download any apps to execute a payment. Make sure that you change or cancel any information that you shared with that person such as your Debit Card etc. Cancel that card and get a new one issued. Call you bank and ensure that your accounts are safe and not being siphoned out with that debit card.

The best way to contact Apple Support is via this link  ➔ Apple Support

Axel F.

Fraudulent call?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.