You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPadOS 18 is now available

Explore new ways to work with Apple Pencil, discover new experiences in apps, and customize iPad even further. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore Procreate files

hi,

My ipad got - loop of doom - and all my Procreate files were deleted.

I can't find them on my icloud backup.

Can you please help me restoring my files?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Oct 8, 2020 11:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 7:26 AM

Hello shachar176,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

It appears that your iPad was stuck in a loop and then all of your Procreate files were deleted and you would like to restore them, but are unable to find them on your iCloud backup. An iCloud Backup of your iPad is not one where you can restore just a part of the backup. You have to restore all of the backup. The drawback of this is that when you restore the backup, the entire iPad will be restored to the condition at the time the backup was created, meaning that any changes made after that backup will be lost. If you decide to go forward to restore the iPad from the backup, you can use the information in the following support article to do that:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Best regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2020 7:26 AM in response to shachar176

Hello shachar176,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

It appears that your iPad was stuck in a loop and then all of your Procreate files were deleted and you would like to restore them, but are unable to find them on your iCloud backup. An iCloud Backup of your iPad is not one where you can restore just a part of the backup. You have to restore all of the backup. The drawback of this is that when you restore the backup, the entire iPad will be restored to the condition at the time the backup was created, meaning that any changes made after that backup will be lost. If you decide to go forward to restore the iPad from the backup, you can use the information in the following support article to do that:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Best regards.

Restore Procreate files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.