Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tracking pad takes time to start, Macbook Pro 13 Inch 2020

Whenever I close the lid and reopen after some time, the tracking pad takes time to starts. Around 1 minute. Sometimes it starts by touching the touch bar. Sometimes a window appears for Bluetooth keyboard. The tracking pad software disconnects in my view.

What could be the reason for this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 1:03 AM

4 replies

Oct 14, 2020 7:55 AM in response to Strangeloop123

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Strangeloop123,

We see that you're having an issue with the trackpad on your MacBook Pro. We'd be happy to take a look into this issue that you've been having with you.

First, let's have you start your Mac in safe mode and test to see if the issue remains.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

If the issue remains while in safe mode, create a test user, and test to see if the issue persists.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

If the issue continues, respond back with some more details.

• Does this only happen when the Mac has been in sleep mode?
  • Which version of software are you using on your Mac?
  • Have you recently installed any new applications or software?
  • Do you notice this behavior after you've been using a specific app or apps?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Oct 17, 2020 3:33 AM in response to KMB_12

The issue persists in Safe mode

I signed in through Guest and there was no isssue. I tried opening and closing the lid ten times at most. But the guest user was simply a blank screen with only the cursor moving , there was nothing else I could do.

Yes this happens when Mac goes to sleep

The latest macos catalina 10.15.7

My laptop is brand new so I installed a lot of things

First I thought its because of an vital source bookshelf. I deleted it and the issue still persists

Tracking pad takes time to start, Macbook Pro 13 Inch 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.