Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 7 won't unlock with CORRECT passcode

I added a touch id yesterday and now my iphone 7 will NOT unlock with the correct passcode. I am 100% certain that the passcode is correct, I have used it for well over a year, it is 6 digits and I am typing it in correctly. Other than ADDING touchID fingerprint I did nothing to change it. Now I am locked out of the phone. I am away from my computer so cannot connect to itunes. I absolutely DID NOT forget my passcode.

iPhone 7

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 3:30 AM

You need a computer to follow these steps. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend.

Forgotten or not forgotten, this is the only option you have to unlock your iPhone.

Click->If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

2 replies

Oct 9, 2020 3:58 AM in response to 5sherry

5sherry wrote:

I added a touch id yesterday and now my iphone 7 will NOT unlock with the correct passcode. I am 100% certain that the passcode is correct, I have used it for well over a year, it is 6 digits and I am typing it in correctly. Other than ADDING touchID fingerprint I did nothing to change it. Now I am locked out of the phone. I am away from my computer so cannot connect to itunes. I absolutely DID NOT forget my passcode.

It's not us you have to convince. It's your device.

iphone 7 won't unlock with CORRECT passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.