Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unsubscribing from Apple Arcade is a mystery game in itself?

I can launch and play Arcade games on my Mac, naturally I figured I was still paying a subscription?

In Mac App Store on my Mac there’s nothing under Arcade about subscriptions.

If I click my name, bottom left, I get a list of purchased apps but nothing about subscription. 

“View information” sounds like a profile thing, so why even click. But when I got desperate I clicked anyways and find a lot of small font text I have to read through because they didn’t want to make unsubscribing easy for me. And when I read through, still nothing about subscriptions.

Subscriptions on iOS is not, under "App Store" in settings. That would be too easy.

Then I googled it, think about that. I had to go to the worst company in the world, to try and figure out how to unsubscribe from one of Apple's services. It’s very easy to subscribe, but unsubscribing is a totally different matter.

I’m now 30 min into this. Spending my day unsubscribing from an Apple service and I’m not even sure anyone at Apple sees a problem with this? It's clear no one cares about simplicity or user friendliness when it comes to ending a subscription.

If I’m still subscribing to Apple Arcade, consider it a monthly donation. I give up. Just had to express my frustration to the world.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 3:55 AM

See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

3 replies

Oct 9, 2020 6:08 AM in response to dialabrain

They hid it well, but after only a few hours, a google search and a post on their support forum, I was actually able to unsubscribe from Apple Arcade. This is cause for a celebration. Thank you so much.

Sorry for my outburst. I have no patience for idiotic GUI designs. Especially when they make it easy enough to give them money, which would indicate they CAN actually design something easy.

Unsubscribing from Apple Arcade is a mystery game in itself?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.