Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought more storage for my iPad 2TB , it still says my storage is full, what do I do now?

I just purchased more storage for my iPad, and it still says my storage is full... what now?

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 7:51 AM

I suspect that you have actually subscribed to additional iCloud storage. Internal iPad is fixed for the life of the device - and cannot be upgraded or extended.

iCloud is much as the name implies - it is virtual “cloud” storage that can be used to synchronise photos and files between your Apple devices - and create and store a device backup. Every AppleID account has a “free” 5GB allowance (this being adequate for basic Apple synchronisation services) and can be extended by monthly subscription to 50GB, 200GB and 2TB tiers.

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? – Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2020 7:51 AM in response to Teklajoan

I suspect that you have actually subscribed to additional iCloud storage. Internal iPad is fixed for the life of the device - and cannot be upgraded or extended.

iCloud is much as the name implies - it is virtual “cloud” storage that can be used to synchronise photos and files between your Apple devices - and create and store a device backup. Every AppleID account has a “free” 5GB allowance (this being adequate for basic Apple synchronisation services) and can be extended by monthly subscription to 50GB, 200GB and 2TB tiers.

What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? – Apple Support

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Manage your iCloud storage – Apple Support

I just bought more storage for my iPad 2TB , it still says my storage is full, what do I do now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.