Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there any way to lock the Apple TV remote?

The touchpad is so sensitive that it changes the channel when grabbing it. This would be very helpful

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 11:16 AM

The only other option is to change Touch surface tracking:

1. Open Settings  on Apple TV. 
  2. Go to Remotes and Devices > Touch Surface Tracking.
  3. Set Tracking to Fast to make smaller thumb movements move farther on the Apple TV screen. Set Tracking to Slow to reduce tracking sensitivity.

By default it’s on medium so you might want to choose Slow

Control the Touch surface sensitivity on Apple TV - Apple Support

And you can submit feedback to Apple: https://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2020 11:16 AM in response to ttocs1719

The only other option is to change Touch surface tracking:

1. Open Settings  on Apple TV. 
  2. Go to Remotes and Devices > Touch Surface Tracking.
  3. Set Tracking to Fast to make smaller thumb movements move farther on the Apple TV screen. Set Tracking to Slow to reduce tracking sensitivity.

By default it’s on medium so you might want to choose Slow

Control the Touch surface sensitivity on Apple TV - Apple Support

And you can submit feedback to Apple: https://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

Oct 9, 2020 9:02 AM in response to ttocs1719

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of the Siri remote. What I did was to upgrade to a universal remote that I can use for all my tv related devices. My setup includes:

Apple TV

TV

HT Receiver

DVD Player

etc...

So rather than having several remotes dancing around, I got a universal remote that controls them all. I opted for a Logitech Harmony. You can get them starting at about $50, while not cheap in the long term they are a life save.

Is there any way to lock the Apple TV remote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.