Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail continuously states in activity window "saving xx of yy drafts", even with no drafts in draft box. Related: in box messages often empty.

Mail continuously states in activity window "saving xx of yy drafts", for days now. No drafts in draft box, rebuilt many times. Related issue: In box messages often are empty. If I select reply to them (trying to get the message up in the reply) it maps to a previously opened email.

Yesterday for first time on another Mac I use often, it had not synched with email for days and many messages were there showing unread, and many had been moved to a subfolder on my home Mac were. not mapped to the destination folder.

Finally, in the folders titled "on my Mac" under "recovered messages (iCloud)" it is full of mail that had not been moved to the right folders, though the original IS in the right folder.

I'd like to Clea rate cache or some system file to allow everything to rebuild. Suggestions?

MacBook, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 9:55 AM

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 10, 2020 9:34 AM in response to BDAqua

Thank you. It seemed to fix the sync problem but it still says moving 155 messages, gradually crawls through the number over hours, Last night it finished. **** down and today there they are again being moved!@ At least the recovered from iCloud fold (on my Mac) is empty today ie things were moved to where they had to go. suppose. Is there anther way to reboot and do a deeper reset or a complete rebuild of Mail caches other than rebuild individual folders (done). like int he days of old the n one could zap the PRAM.

Mail continuously states in activity window "saving xx of yy drafts", even with no drafts in draft box. Related: in box messages often empty.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.