Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compatability with Final Cut Pro

I have a 2012 iMac computer running macOS Catalina (10.15.7. Here are the specs from About Mac--iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX 1 GB. Will this run Final Cut Pro? I note that the Graphics Card is a "675MX" as opposed to a "680". Will this make a difference? Will my Mac run Mac "Metal" graphics?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 9:07 AM

5 replies

Oct 9, 2020 5:05 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

OK, I have downloaded FCP and imported into it a 4K drone video (actually, an mp4 made with iMovie from the 4K drone file). I did a little simple color grading and when I press the space bar to preview the video, it plays for a while, then the sound drops and the video becomes balky. A notice advises that "frames were dropped". It seems that this is telling me, I will need to upgrade my graphics card to get satisfactory performance using final cut pro. And, it appears that the only practical way to do this, is to upgrade my computer. Any thoughts?

Compatability with Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.