Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

-2004f Internet Recovery

Hi Everyone! I have Macbook Pro 2020 Catalina. I decided to delete everything from my mac and set it to factory default in order to be able to sell it. So, I deleted everything from hard disk utilities and went I wanted to re install it was keep freezing, so I turned my computer off. When I turned it on the question mark with folder came up. I watched on Youtube and tried everything “cmd+R”, “opt,cmd,R” “shift,opt,cmd,R” and the globe sign showed up. After a few minutes apple error -2004f shows up. Anyone has any idea how to fix it?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 4:29 PM

The error indicates some type of network issue. Try a PRAM reset.

If you still have problems, then connect the laptop directly to the router using an Ethernet cable and a USB-C to Ethernet Adapter. This will provide a faster more reliable network connection and bypass any possible WiFi issues. If you still have problems, then reboot the modem & router or try to use Internet Recovery Mode at another location.

You can also try using a bootable macOS USB installer, but you will need to modify the security settings to allow booting from a USB device.

Edit: Here is an Apple article on everything you should do before selling an Apple computer:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201065

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2020 4:29 PM in response to mammadoff

The error indicates some type of network issue. Try a PRAM reset.

If you still have problems, then connect the laptop directly to the router using an Ethernet cable and a USB-C to Ethernet Adapter. This will provide a faster more reliable network connection and bypass any possible WiFi issues. If you still have problems, then reboot the modem & router or try to use Internet Recovery Mode at another location.

You can also try using a bootable macOS USB installer, but you will need to modify the security settings to allow booting from a USB device.

Edit: Here is an Apple article on everything you should do before selling an Apple computer:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201065

-2004f Internet Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.