Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data from backup to iCloud was overwritten

I had an error in iphone and I recovered from a backup from my Mac computer, but the data in iCloud was fresher than in my copy and they were overwritten now, I have old files everywhere, I thought they would be updated, but this did not happen. Is there a solution?

My problem is that the information in icloud was fresh (photos) and I viewed them in the web version, after which I updated the iphone and everything was overwritten with the old files.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 11:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2020 11:37 PM

Hello Sergey-

iCloud creates a backup at a given time and the data on your iPhone gets the priority. Every backup on iCloud overwrites the previous backup and considers the most recent backup as current. This is not dependent on older or newer data. iCloud backs up the status of your iPhone based on day and time. Dates and Times of individual bits of data (for example, photos) has no bearing on iCloud backups. In short, iCloud will backup everything that you have on your iPhone on that given day and time. The cycle then repeats roughly on a daily basis.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2020 11:37 PM in response to Sergey_123

Hello Sergey-

iCloud creates a backup at a given time and the data on your iPhone gets the priority. Every backup on iCloud overwrites the previous backup and considers the most recent backup as current. This is not dependent on older or newer data. iCloud backs up the status of your iPhone based on day and time. Dates and Times of individual bits of data (for example, photos) has no bearing on iCloud backups. In short, iCloud will backup everything that you have on your iPhone on that given day and time. The cycle then repeats roughly on a daily basis.

Axel F.

Data from backup to iCloud was overwritten

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.