Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2018 MacBook Air - Catalina upgrade from Mojave stuck 15 hours at Estimating time remaining

My third attempt to get the OS upgraded. I have rebooted, cleared the SMC cache, run Disk Utility from recovery mode.

I would really like to get onto Catalina before the next OS hits. Any help would be much appreciated.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 10:42 AM

We can assume that it is not loading because the download did not complete properly. I suggest you restart, put the download file into the Trash and empty it. Then start fresh and do a new download. Be sure that you are directly connected to your modem/router with an Ethernet cable. Do not use Wi-Fi. Do not use the internet during the download. It can take up to an hour, more or less. Then another 45 minutes or so will be needed to do the installation with several automatic restarts. I assume that you understand that any older 32 bit apps will no longer run under Catalina, if you still have any. Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2020 10:42 AM in response to Kbar1298

We can assume that it is not loading because the download did not complete properly. I suggest you restart, put the download file into the Trash and empty it. Then start fresh and do a new download. Be sure that you are directly connected to your modem/router with an Ethernet cable. Do not use Wi-Fi. Do not use the internet during the download. It can take up to an hour, more or less. Then another 45 minutes or so will be needed to do the installation with several automatic restarts. I assume that you understand that any older 32 bit apps will no longer run under Catalina, if you still have any. Good luck.

2018 MacBook Air - Catalina upgrade from Mojave stuck 15 hours at Estimating time remaining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.