Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i get maps to show a preferred route

How can I get maps to show a preferred or my commonly used route?

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 8:45 AM

Normally maps will show the 2 or 3 best routes, which will be different based on current traffic conditions. You can tap on any of the highlighted routes to pick the one you want. If you want to take a completely different route just start driving it and Maps will continually show the fastest route from your instantaneous current location. But there is no way to say that you want to drive a specific route. If you know the route why do you need Maps at all.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2020 8:45 AM in response to jalanejr

Normally maps will show the 2 or 3 best routes, which will be different based on current traffic conditions. You can tap on any of the highlighted routes to pick the one you want. If you want to take a completely different route just start driving it and Maps will continually show the fastest route from your instantaneous current location. But there is no way to say that you want to drive a specific route. If you know the route why do you need Maps at all.

how can i get maps to show a preferred route

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.