Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud not loading

Shut off my imac and went camping for two weeks. Upon return. Icloud will not show my emails. I get a problem loading error and send the report to Apple. I have used the latest Firefox as well as the latest Safari (13.1.2). Same result. Also updated to the latest security (2020-005 Ver 10.13.6) Still no love.

This is what keeps popping up:

mail has stopped responding

An error has prevented this application from working properly. Help

Apple improve its products by sending us diagnostic and usage

information about Mail.

However. The old 'mail' program works on the imac as does icloud on a iphone 7S and iphone 8.

What gives?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 3:54 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

Oct 11, 2020 3:47 AM in response to Jerry Fincher

You don't need to install Firefox when safari is used as web browser , make sure you have not installed any third party apps / softwares / anti virus or using vpn service .

Remove all mail accounts and once again configure https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mail/mail35803/mac

• Take back up of all mails in V 7 folder  -- all mails are secured in this folder .

Click on finder take cursor on top menu bar > Go hold option key click on > library > select mail folder > right click on mail folder there itself > click on copy mail > right click on the desktop > click on paste item .

Entire mails are copied to V 7 folder and will get saved on the desktop .

Note : For Mac OS mojave the folder will be V6 , For Mac OS High Sierra the folder will be V5 , For Mac OS Sierra the folder will be V4 , For El Capitan - the folder will be V3 , and for OSX Yosemite the folder will be V2 .

Oct 12, 2020 12:29 AM in response to DiZoE

Correct, Icloud will not load on Safari or firefox but works on the old mail app. icloud works just fine on my iphone 8 and the wife's iphone 7 plus. So I just can't figure out what changed while my imac was powered down during our 10 holiday. I could understand if I had been mucking about with the program or settings. But I simply turned off the computer and turned it back on 10 days later.

When using the same imac and sign into the wife's page and then onto icloud. All is well and icloud mail loads just fine.

Oct 11, 2020 1:04 PM in response to tygb

Just to be clear. Absolutely nothing was changed on my imac from the time it was shut down while I was gone for 10 days and turning it back on. I only updated firefox AFTER I was having the icloud mail issue. As I didn't even have Safari on my imac. I then downloaded the latest version and still the issue persisted.

So I'm not sure how it could be an issue on my end, When nothing was changed.

Oct 12, 2020 12:12 AM in response to Jerry Fincher

Hi Jerry! So you’re saying that iCloud mail won’t load on both Safari and Firefox web browsers but does in the mail app? Just wanted to confirm that.

If so you are you able to test on a different network and/or another admin user account? (You can create a temporary one for testing, which is also a very telling test, as trying another network).

Thanks!

Oct 12, 2020 2:11 AM in response to Jerry Fincher

Hey again! So all the other iCloud data on the web site loads just fine? (You know, Contacts, iCloud Drive, etc, etc) on the web site?

I know that sometimes the iCloud storage gets so full that it will stop loading data, including Mail, which may make sense if it shows up on your Mac, (Pre existing mail), but not on the web site), how much available space do you see in iCloud?

(System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud > Manage Storage).

Also to confirm do new emails show up in the Mail app, and/or on other devices? (If able to test).

If that’s not it, (Even though your Wife’s account loads fine), we’re you able to test on another network, (Even hotspot)? Or on another user account?

I know you said it shows up fine on iPhone, but I was just wondering about new emails coming through. Of course if it’s the same on other devices and other networks, it would probably be an account issue, whether storage or something Apple needs to fix.

There was an outage with iCloud I believe last week, but although it’s fixed, may be related if not the other stuff.

And of course if new emails ARE coming through on other devices, and the storage is just fine, it’s probably either an issue with the OS (Considering two web browsers), the network, (Though it loads fine on her account), or some account or user preference/setting, if not storage.

I’d say the most revealing tests are, (Considering you’ve already tested two browsers and a different Apple ID), are still:

Connecting to another network

Signing in on another admin account

Signing in while I’m safe boot

I’ve seen some glitchy, strange behaviors in the past so nothing would suprise me, just let me know!

Oct 12, 2020 7:57 AM in response to DiZoE

I have plenty of storage on icloud. Linked up to my iphone as a hotspot. Icloud mail still isn't working. All other icloud features are working. All my notes, contacts, photos are available. Just mail doesn't work. New mails "like the notification of your reply" are showing up on the old email app.

Did I somehow go back to the glitchy world of windows? Used to be, You just turned on an apple machine and it simply worked. Now it's a gambit just like windows.

Oct 12, 2020 1:28 PM in response to Jerry Fincher

Hey again! On iCloud.com/Mail, can you click on the settings/gear icon on the bottom and select Preferences.

There you can see a few things, such as if your mail is forwarding to somewhere else, also if there is a special rule set up etc. I’d say otherwise the account is disabled on their end, but not if it’s working on another device or another mail app.

Do you see anything that stands out there?

Oct 12, 2020 7:57 PM in response to Jerry Fincher

Oh, well that’s not exactly a solution, not an acceptable one anyhow, I’d have them escalate your case for further investigation (If it’s really inconvenient not being able to use web mail, and you don’t mind waiting for an investigation, not everyone has time to stay on the phone for long periods, so I get it).

Who knows though, maybe it’s one of those things that will fix itself one day, or it gets fixed on the back end at some point, (Of course they need to know if there is an issue happening in the first place to investigate in order to fix it, so they should’ve escalated further), (Unless of course they said they’re aware of the issue and already working on it, which happens), sorry, hope it works out, tech does weird things sometimes.

At least with Apple though it’s easy to get an actual person on the phone though, which is more than I can say for so many other companies, it sounds like you maybe just reached the wrong support advisor, I’d try again, cheers.

icloud not loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.