Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting adobe flash player is out of date on ipad pro

I’m getting pop ups repeatedly saying my adobe flash player is out of date. I understand it’s a virus. All the advice I can find online is for the same virus, but for macbooks, computers from 2013 to 2019 and no fixes are for the ipad. I’m updated to 13.7. (I set it up to install 14.0.1 and it went to work and then restarted and I thought it was done.) Popups were in Safari. Started this evening. Does anyone here know what to do? Thanks

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 6:56 PM

Okay, so you don’t have Adobe Flash installed? Because that too show its own messages about updates.

Ignore the web pop-ups, they’re one of the myriad ways they try to get folks to load junk, or to expose their credentials.

These same folks will claim to run anti-malware scans, or offer titillating photos (some of the earliest malware around was known as ILOVEYOU “I love you”, for how it tried to convince its recipients to access its contents) , or outrageous claims, “free” stuff, pretty much anything to get your attention, and get you to do something... unwise.

Your web browsers can be configured suppress some pop-ups, but the scammers do continue to work to find new and different ways around that—scamming is a bug business.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Clearing Safari as mentioned above will clear out the malware trash, if the trash happens to get stuck in your web browser caches.

And FWIW, calling telephone numbers and sending email addresses can be spoofed / faked / forged.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2020 6:56 PM in response to BKacy

Okay, so you don’t have Adobe Flash installed? Because that too show its own messages about updates.

Ignore the web pop-ups, they’re one of the myriad ways they try to get folks to load junk, or to expose their credentials.

These same folks will claim to run anti-malware scans, or offer titillating photos (some of the earliest malware around was known as ILOVEYOU “I love you”, for how it tried to convince its recipients to access its contents) , or outrageous claims, “free” stuff, pretty much anything to get your attention, and get you to do something... unwise.

Your web browsers can be configured suppress some pop-ups, but the scammers do continue to work to find new and different ways around that—scamming is a bug business.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Clearing Safari as mentioned above will clear out the malware trash, if the trash happens to get stuck in your web browser caches.

And FWIW, calling telephone numbers and sending email addresses can be spoofed / faked / forged.

Oct 10, 2020 6:28 PM in response to BKacy

Adobe Flash is deprecated and disabled (by Adobe) at the end of this year.

This deprecation was announced in 2017.

Apple moved that timing forward, and won’t run Flash now.

An alternative web browser will work through the end of the year, at most.

Remove Flash Player, and/or find an alternative player.

At the end of this year, Adobe Flash Player will cease working completely, per Adobe.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

ps: iPad and iPhone never had Adobe Flash support.

Oct 10, 2020 6:49 PM in response to BKacy

Wow.....I read your post and came to the same conclusion MrHoffman came to. Perhaps you should have been more specific that you wanted to get rid of the popup. I too believed you wanted to know how to update the Flash Player on your iPad, which as MrHoffman correctly points out never could have required updating because iPad and iPhone have NEVER supported Flash to begin with.

I would recommend avoiding whatever site it is you are visiting which is suggesting you update flash.

I would force close Safari on your iPad.

Then go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data

Then Force Restart your iPad

Oct 10, 2020 7:30 PM in response to MrHoffman

My second sentence stated I thought it was a virus. I know adobe flash isn’t on my iphone or ipad. I was just chasing dna results on ancient skulls found in Peru. They were ones I’d never seen before. Unfortunately, a link with the answer took me to UFO-secret.com. (I just checked to see what link I chose.) I don’t usually stop and read the name of sites. I just read about the info I’m pursuing. Do you look at every one? If I’d notice UFO, I would have chosen others. Maybe the UFO crowd is claiming these skulls as extraterrestrial. It popped up twice when I closed out of that too, but I was having trouble closing the pages. Anyway, I’m glad it’s not evidence of malware or a virus. Thanks for your help.

getting adobe flash player is out of date on ipad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.