Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume automation on vocal audio track has no effect???

As you can see from this video, volume automation that I created for this vocal track brings the sound output down, but as the VU meter shows, the track is still clipping...

How can I make volume automation for audio tracks that sticks?

https://youtu.be/klTT_Fe97IQ

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 6:25 PM

So I figured it out myself. Volume automation is often confused with GAIN automation, which happened to me. Changing the volume nodes does NOTHING except lower the volume. The gain is what affects VU meters after a recording has been made. And I learned this too can be automated, after adding the GAIN PLUG-IN to the track. Voila!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2020 6:25 PM in response to Schmoodli

So I figured it out myself. Volume automation is often confused with GAIN automation, which happened to me. Changing the volume nodes does NOTHING except lower the volume. The gain is what affects VU meters after a recording has been made. And I learned this too can be automated, after adding the GAIN PLUG-IN to the track. Voila!

Volume automation on vocal audio track has no effect???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.