Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IphoneX will not force restart. Hung

My Iphone X is hung. None of the apps are opening (including the call app). So I can hear calls, but can't receive them. I can swipe on my screen, but nothing happens to the apps.

The worst thing is I am unable to force restart my phone. I keep pressing the volume and side button, but it wont force restart also.

Any pointers will really help ! The only thing I am trying to do now is turn the flashlight on and hope the battery drains off !

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 10, 2020 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 4:07 AM

I have a feeling that you are not Force ReStarting your iPhone X correctly.

Force Restart your iPhone exactly as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2020 4:07 AM in response to jg244

I have a feeling that you are not Force ReStarting your iPhone X correctly.

Force Restart your iPhone exactly as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

IphoneX will not force restart. Hung

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.