Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sync with iTunes

Since updating to iOS 14, my iPhone 11 pro max, will not automatically connect to iTunes.

I have tried re-installing iTunes and re-authorising the computer amongst other suggestions which I have found online, but still unable to get it to work. Any ideas ?

Thanks

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 7:36 AM

Try iOS device not showing in iTunes for Windows - Apple Community.

tt2

4 replies

Oct 11, 2020 3:25 PM in response to dulci2se

So it shows in iTunes and you can trigger a sync manually, but it doesn't launch iTunes and sync automatically on connection? Not a feature I use or recommend but I'm sure it is annoying if that is what you're used to. You can try turning the options for this behaviour off and then back on again in case that helps. They may sometimes work better in the non-Microsoft Store version of iTunes.

tt2

Oct 12, 2020 12:01 AM in response to turingtest2

Yes correct. I have already tried your suggestions. I have removed iTunes and installed an earlier version direct from Apple.com and then updated to the latest version, but without success. This has only happened with the most recent updates, it always used to work ok. I don’t think the Windows versions of iTunes have ever been that great though, I expect Apple puts more effort into the Mac versions.

Unable to sync with iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.