Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID and phone number being used by FaceTime

I received a message on my iPhone 8 that my Apple ID and phone number are now being used for FaceTime on a new iPad. The thing is, I don't have a new iPad and my old iPad was turned off at the time. I did power up my Apple watch shortly before receiving the curious message. I'd like to know if this is a software mismatch problem or a security risk, and what - if anything - I should do about this?

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 8:27 AM

You should change your Apple ID password following these instructions so everything works after changing it—>Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you don’t have 2 factor authentication on your Apple ID you should add it now—>Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support and when you do add at least one more trusted number to receive authentication codes.

If you already have 2 factor authentication then it’s very unlikely that your Apple ID was compromised, so you probably don’t have to do anything. Sometimes when you turn on a device it just reminds you of settings that are already in place.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2020 8:27 AM in response to Kay Jay M

You should change your Apple ID password following these instructions so everything works after changing it—>Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If you don’t have 2 factor authentication on your Apple ID you should add it now—>Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support and when you do add at least one more trusted number to receive authentication codes.

If you already have 2 factor authentication then it’s very unlikely that your Apple ID was compromised, so you probably don’t have to do anything. Sometimes when you turn on a device it just reminds you of settings that are already in place.

Apple ID and phone number being used by FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.