Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I batch select the suggested photo across multiple bursts in the MacOS Photos app?

You know how the Photos app on iOS and even MacOS passively suggests the best photo in a burst? Usually that's indicated by starting you at a particular photo in your burst as you begin to make your selection.

OK, here's what I need to know: is there a way to have my MacOS Photos app go ahead and choose the suggested photo – whichever it might be – in multiple bursts, and delete everything else?

Is that natively possible in Photos? If not, is that possible with a Photos app plugin?

I have use of this feature because, as it stands right now, I have over 250 bursts to sort through. It is a painstaking one-burst-at-a-time process involving multiple clicks and no useful shortcuts.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 10:29 AM

No. It can only be one at a time.

Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added in Photos via Feedback - Photos - Apple

1 reply

How can I batch select the suggested photo across multiple bursts in the MacOS Photos app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.