Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not connecting to macbook

Hello, I have plugged in my iPhone to my MacBook and it is not appearing in the iTunes application and my iPhone won't prompt me whether or not to Trust or not Trust this device.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 4:26 PM

According to your profile, you have macOS version Catalina. There is no iTunes in macOS Catalina. iTunes has been replaced with the Music app. When an iPhone is connected to a Mac running macOS Catalina then it appears in the Finder app along with all your drives information. Connect your iPhone to your Mac and then open Finder and see if you can see it there. You can reboot your Mac and try again if you cannot see your iPhone in the Finder app the first time.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2020 4:26 PM in response to AtahanCheckra1n

According to your profile, you have macOS version Catalina. There is no iTunes in macOS Catalina. iTunes has been replaced with the Music app. When an iPhone is connected to a Mac running macOS Catalina then it appears in the Finder app along with all your drives information. Connect your iPhone to your Mac and then open Finder and see if you can see it there. You can reboot your Mac and try again if you cannot see your iPhone in the Finder app the first time.

Axel F.

iPhone not connecting to macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.