Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to change my screentime password, and the first time I typed in my Apple ID and password it allowed me to change the password, but the password I changed it to did not work. I now have multiple failed attempts, and cannot change my password.

I followed all of the steps on how to reset the password, but it did not work. I put in my Apple ID and password like it said to do. It allowed me to change my password, but when I typed in my new password, it said "failed attempt." I now have multiple failed attempts and cannot reset my password. I do not want to have to reset my phone. Is there a solution to this problem?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2020 6:17 PM

See if anything here helps.

Screen Time passcode reset

If the above doesn't work, you will need to restore the device to factory settings. Do not restore from a backup made when the Screen Time code was active.

Restore to Factory setting.      

1 reply

I tried to change my screentime password, and the first time I typed in my Apple ID and password it allowed me to change the password, but the password I changed it to did not work. I now have multiple failed attempts, and cannot change my password.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.