Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone XR, memory full and wont update

hi,

My wife's XR ran out of memory, now it wont start. I get the "support.....plug into computer image". I plug it into the mac and the only options are update or restore.

I tried to update, it downloaded a 5GB file onto my mac then failed. I tried this twice.

Is there a way I can clean up the disk then do the update.

I dont want to do the restore as there is no backup and she doesnt want to loose all her data.

thank you

thank you

iPhone XR

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 3:50 AM

"...I dont want to do the restore as there is no backup and she doesnt want to loose all her data...."

There is no other option at this point.

Too late to recommend that backups should be in your reminder app on a weekly repeat. Could just as easily lost the phone or dropped it in water.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2020 3:50 AM in response to justin_xr

"...I dont want to do the restore as there is no backup and she doesnt want to loose all her data...."

There is no other option at this point.

Too late to recommend that backups should be in your reminder app on a weekly repeat. Could just as easily lost the phone or dropped it in water.

Iphone XR, memory full and wont update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.