Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone 11 stuck on iOS 14.0.1 software update during set up

I have just received a new iPhone 11 this morning and have been trying to set it up. However, whenever I try to install the iOs 14.0.1 software update, it gets stuck on the "preparing update" section - I first tried using quick start to copy over data and settings, but the phone got stuck for an hour during this process.

Having looked on the forum to see what other users have done, I have then tried updating it as a new iphone rather than using quick start to copy over data and settings but this does not help. It continued to stick at this point.

I have the phone connected to wi-fi and plugged into mains.

Can support help please?

Thank you

David

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 4:29 AM

2 replies

Oct 16, 2020 12:48 PM in response to David Dunne

Hi there, David,

Congratulations on your new iPhone! We want to do all we can to help set it up.

You've done a great job troubleshooting so far. We appreciate you sharing these details. If you're unable to update via a Wi-Fi network, we'd suggest that you attempt to update via a computer or another Wi-Fi network if you have one available. This resource will help: If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

New iPhone 11 stuck on iOS 14.0.1 software update during set up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.