Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received message that my Apple ID and phone # are being used to for iMessage and FaceTime on a new iPad. Nothing tells me what to do if it is not me. What do I do?!

How do I respond to alert notifications received from Apple saying that my Apple ID and phone # are being used to for iMessage and FaceTime on a new iPad. Nothing tells me what to do if it is not me. What do I do?!

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 9:10 AM

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.    

Apple ID Password Change.      

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Also see.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      

Security and your Apple ID.      

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2020 9:10 AM in response to sracymac

Check your device list to see if there is a device signed in that you don't recognize. You can remove the device using the steps in the article below. As a precaution, change your password.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in.    

Apple ID Password Change.      

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Also see.

Link to contact Apple Support in the article.

Apple ID has been compromised.      

Security and your Apple ID.      

Received message that my Apple ID and phone # are being used to for iMessage and FaceTime on a new iPad. Nothing tells me what to do if it is not me. What do I do?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.