Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer/copy contracts from iPhone to SIM card

How can I transfer my iPhone contacts to my SIM card?

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 10:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 10:24 AM

The iPhone can import contacts from a SIM card that were stored in it by another brand of phone but the iPhone does not store Contacts or any other user data on the SIM.

See information in Import contacts from your SIM card to your iPhone - Apple Support including the following:

Your iPhone doesn't store contacts on the SIM card. If you want to transfer contacts between iPhones, you can use iCloud to back up or transfer content between devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2020 10:24 AM in response to dachiztop

The iPhone can import contacts from a SIM card that were stored in it by another brand of phone but the iPhone does not store Contacts or any other user data on the SIM.

See information in Import contacts from your SIM card to your iPhone - Apple Support including the following:

Your iPhone doesn't store contacts on the SIM card. If you want to transfer contacts between iPhones, you can use iCloud to back up or transfer content between devices.

Transfer/copy contracts from iPhone to SIM card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.