Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you turn off the “silence when locked” Or “alway” options? If they do not disturb button is not activated why is my iPhone still not giving me calls when I’m locked mode?

I have an iPhone 8 S and they do not disturb option is off. And yet when I get outside calls went in the locked mode they are silenced and I am not getting the calls. I try to hard reset it didn’t work. I don’t know what else to do.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 11:01 AM

Those options have no effect at all if DND is not turned on.

Check Settings>Phone>Silence unknown callers.

Similar questions

1 reply

How do you turn off the “silence when locked” Or “alway” options? If they do not disturb button is not activated why is my iPhone still not giving me calls when I’m locked mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.