Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Highlights and comments in preview did vanish

hello,

unfortunately all my highlights and comments which I made with preview vanish constantly when I close the PDFs. I regularly save the changes by Command + S. I also tried to send me the PDF via Email before closing it, but it didn't work either.

This is so annoying!!! I can just restart my work!

Does anybody have a hint how to solve the problem?

I use Catalina 10.15.7

Thanks a lot for help in advance!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 6:58 PM

Hello JessiGold,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with editing PDF documents using Preview.

Please verify everything is set up as described here: How to edit images and mark up PDFs with Preview on your Mac - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

3 replies

Oct 17, 2020 1:19 PM in response to JessiGold

Hello JessiGold,

Thanks for verifying the process. Since this is not working for you, test with multiple PDF's. Make sure this isn't a protected PDF or something else specific to one document.

If this is occurring with all PDF's you try, see if the issue is also occurring in safe mode. Please check this article: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If the issue does not occur in Safe Mode, check the section in that article titled: If the issue doesn't continue in safe mode for the next troubleshooting steps.

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Highlights and comments in preview did vanish

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.