You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying a new iPad but need one that will be able to download Netflix.

Hi. I’m wanting to purchase an iPad. I don’t mind how old it is (looking for cheapest) as it’s just for watching shows. Any idea what the first model that is compatible with Netflix is?

Thanks in advance,

Anna

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 2:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 3:24 PM

Remember - you get what you pay for! Some of these iPads may become obsolete fairly soon, as some are quite old.

My strong recommendation is buy the newest iPad you can afford.

The current Netflix app requires iPadOS 13 or later.

That requires a fifth generation iPad or later, or a second generation iPad Air or later, or a fourth generation iPad Mini or later, or any iPad Pro.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2020 3:24 PM in response to Please-help-me-understand

Remember - you get what you pay for! Some of these iPads may become obsolete fairly soon, as some are quite old.

My strong recommendation is buy the newest iPad you can afford.

The current Netflix app requires iPadOS 13 or later.

That requires a fifth generation iPad or later, or a second generation iPad Air or later, or a fourth generation iPad Mini or later, or any iPad Pro.

Buying a new iPad but need one that will be able to download Netflix.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.