Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

issue with mac mail

cannot connect to outlook 360 with mac mail. works fine on my iphone - have tried almost everything!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2020 5:33 PM in response to nancycamb

How do you expect us to reply. You state you have tried almost everything, but what? We don't know if you don't tell us. Has anything changed prior to this problem occurring? Any password changes? Sometimes it has helped to clear out the Mail password from your Keychain, then restart the computer and reenter the current password. Otherwise, please be more specific and help us to help you. Thank you.

Oct 12, 2020 6:27 PM in response to nancycamb

nancycamb Said:

"issue with mac mail cannot connect to outlook 360 with mac mail. works fine on my iphone - have tried almost everything!"

-------

App Password is the Likely Culprit:

Contact Your eMail Provider --- you may need to remove the account, and then add it back.

Or you may just need to update the password. An App Password may have expired.

Whomever you use for eMail, contact them about App Passwords.

Using an App Password is the only way for me to use the Mail app on both the iPhone and my MacBook.

issue with mac mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.