Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not login into my mac, even change password in recovery mode

it happen in this morning, suddenly i can not login into my mac. It keep saying it password is wrong, but clearly not,

i can see the some character need to press two times so it can appear. When macos ask for recovery code, i enter the recovery form and absolutely can not type anything, nothing in my keyboard work, i begin to think it about the keyboard problem. I plug a usb keyboard but it still the same.

Then i restart and enter backup screen, the key board work perfectly, then i remove filevault by using my old password. Things still not change. Finally i change the password to "1111", even with that password, the login screen still refuse it

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 12, 2020 11:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 8:40 AM

i would recommend having a look at this page:

Change or reset the password of a macOS user account - Apple Support

also, use the wired keyboard until you sort it out.

Similar questions

1 reply

I can not login into my mac, even change password in recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.