Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird noise when opening camera

Hi, I have an iphone SE (2020) and after a month, when i open my camera on any app like whatsapp or the main camera app it makes noise like a fly noise i guess it is the sound of opening it's diaphragm idk. anyone know how to fix it?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 1:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2020 12:43 AM

It happened the same around a month ago to me.

Apple gave me a new phone as they couldn't figure it out.

My SE was doing that noise but my partner's one wasn't. So I asked him to open whatsapp camera and it started to do the noise.

I know now that is from Whatsapp but I'm not happy with it. It's a £400's phone and this should be fixed or been given an answer.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2020 12:43 AM in response to RoniNiX21

It happened the same around a month ago to me.

Apple gave me a new phone as they couldn't figure it out.

My SE was doing that noise but my partner's one wasn't. So I asked him to open whatsapp camera and it started to do the noise.

I know now that is from Whatsapp but I'm not happy with it. It's a £400's phone and this should be fixed or been given an answer.

Dec 17, 2020 11:54 AM in response to RoniNiX21

I have the same problem with my SE (2nd gen) and I brought it into the Apple store where they replaced the rear camera. The noise came back a few days later, so I ended up getting a new replacement phone from them. I didn't have this problem for the first week, but then the noise came back. I restarted the phone and the noise became a lot softer and then disappeared as I tried opening and closing the camera app a few more times. Not sure if there's a fix to this, but I definitely didn't experience this with my old SE (1st gen) or observe it with the iPhone 6 or XR :(

Weird noise when opening camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.