Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod doesn't respond to Shortcuts

My HomePod tells me it can't play from shortcuts on this device, why is that? That should be possible, right?

HomePod

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 6:15 AM

According to Run shortcuts with Siri, the Shortcuts app, or Siri Suggestions - Apple Support it should be:

Run a shortcut with Siri

You can run any shortcut that you have by asking Siri on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch or HomePod. Just say "Hey Siri," then the name of the shortcut.

However it may be that some shortcuts aren't compatible with the device. You likely need to enable recognize my voice on the HomePod too. See Use multiuser on HomePod - Apple Support.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 6:15 AM in response to ham_rowin

According to Run shortcuts with Siri, the Shortcuts app, or Siri Suggestions - Apple Support it should be:

Run a shortcut with Siri

You can run any shortcut that you have by asking Siri on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch or HomePod. Just say "Hey Siri," then the name of the shortcut.

However it may be that some shortcuts aren't compatible with the device. You likely need to enable recognize my voice on the HomePod too. See Use multiuser on HomePod - Apple Support.

tt2

HomePod doesn't respond to Shortcuts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.