Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect Apple TV 4 HD with JBL Bar 2 Soundbar

Hi

I am using Apple TV 4 HD & a MicroMax 40 Canvas S Android TV. I am looking to purchase a budget soundbar to enhance my smart tv's sound. Checking out the JBL Bar 2 for this. But this soundbar only has one HDMI ARC port + 1 optical audio port. My smart tv has an HDMI ARC port.

How can i connect my Apple TV to my Smart TV through the soundbar so that i can get best sound and video in this set up. Will i be able to get Dolby Digital Sound.

Appreciate if anyone can help on this!

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 8:51 AM

You can connect the Apple TV to your TV through non-ARC HDMI ports. You can connect the TV to the soundbar through their HDMI-ARC ports. You may need to set your TV for audio passthrough to the audio system (see your TV manual), if that isn’t done automatically.

Apple TV → [ʜᴅᴍɪ] → TV → [ʜᴅᴍɪ-ᴀʀᴄ] → Soundbar

You can set your Apple TV to Audio Format: Auto if your soundbar is capable of processing PCM Multichannel audio.

You can set your Apple TV to Audio Format: Dolby Digital 5.1 if your soundbar is capable of processing Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

You can set your Apple TV to Audio Format: Stereo if it is a 2.0 soundbar.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 8:51 AM in response to ag7925

You can connect the Apple TV to your TV through non-ARC HDMI ports. You can connect the TV to the soundbar through their HDMI-ARC ports. You may need to set your TV for audio passthrough to the audio system (see your TV manual), if that isn’t done automatically.

Apple TV → [ʜᴅᴍɪ] → TV → [ʜᴅᴍɪ-ᴀʀᴄ] → Soundbar

You can set your Apple TV to Audio Format: Auto if your soundbar is capable of processing PCM Multichannel audio.

You can set your Apple TV to Audio Format: Dolby Digital 5.1 if your soundbar is capable of processing Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

You can set your Apple TV to Audio Format: Stereo if it is a 2.0 soundbar.

Connect Apple TV 4 HD with JBL Bar 2 Soundbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.