Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview Corrupting Existing PDF

Hi,

Over the past couple of days I have found after adding some PDF pages to an existing PDF document using Preview and saving, when I open the revised document in Adobe all the pages are blank except for the pages I have added.

The document opens OK in Safari and preview but not in Adobe Reader.

I say the last couple of days because everything worked fine before hand.

Paul

iMac using Catalina OS 10.15.7

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 9:50 AM

Do you still have the original PDF before any pages were added, and does it open properly in Adobe Reader DC? If so, post the Finder's ⌥⌘+i Inspector panel for that PDF so we can see the creator, and version of it. Do you have the current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

You may have to revert to an Automator PDF append drag/drop application which I have available, if you want to test that appending in it, opens properly in Acrobat Reader DC.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 9:50 AM in response to VC10

Do you still have the original PDF before any pages were added, and does it open properly in Adobe Reader DC? If so, post the Finder's ⌥⌘+i Inspector panel for that PDF so we can see the creator, and version of it. Do you have the current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

You may have to revert to an Automator PDF append drag/drop application which I have available, if you want to test that appending in it, opens properly in Acrobat Reader DC.

Preview Corrupting Existing PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.