Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caller ID not showing on my iPhone 11 Max pro

How can I get my caller ID to show any type of name on the caller id. Currently it only shows the number and city and state the call is from. Only time it shows a name on the caller id is when I have it programmed on my phone. I have checked the caller id settings are they are ok. I also deleted all my call protect apps as well. Am I the only one with this issue?

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 10:39 AM

You are not the only one. Is it not even an issue. Everyone has the same result. A callers Name is only shown if that caller is set up in the Contacts app. The incoming call matches the phone number to your contact list and then displays the caller's name. If you do not have the caller in your contacts then it shows the Number, City and State on your iPhone.

There are some carriers that offer their own Caller ID feature with an app. Normally it requires a subscription with that carrier. Once you do that then you can see a caller's name even if they are not on your contact list. Call your carrier to see whether they offer that feature.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 10:39 AM in response to Yellowblaze242

You are not the only one. Is it not even an issue. Everyone has the same result. A callers Name is only shown if that caller is set up in the Contacts app. The incoming call matches the phone number to your contact list and then displays the caller's name. If you do not have the caller in your contacts then it shows the Number, City and State on your iPhone.

There are some carriers that offer their own Caller ID feature with an app. Normally it requires a subscription with that carrier. Once you do that then you can see a caller's name even if they are not on your contact list. Call your carrier to see whether they offer that feature.

Axel F.

Caller ID not showing on my iPhone 11 Max pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.