You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing

I wanted to buy my kids I watches for Xmas. I have xfinity for a mobile carrier, who I don’t see listed on supported family sharing carriers yet. I don’t want to have to pay for a new line etc. Can they use the watch to call message etc off of family sharing on my line?

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 11:27 AM

2 replies

Oct 18, 2020 11:54 AM in response to Alishap86

Hi there, Alishap86!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! That's a great question you have about using the Apple Watch without having to buy another cellular line for the Watch. Check out this article to Set up an Apple Watch for a family member:

"What you need

* A cellular plan isn't required to set up an Apple Watch for a family member, but is necessary for some features."

Per the article, a cellular plan is not required for setup, just for certain features. You'll find more information about the features you can use without Wi-Fi or an iPhone nearby in this article to Set up cellular on your Apple Watch.

Thanks again for the question and take care!

Family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.