You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the iPhone 12 has a Touche ID (Fingerprint) ?

Is the iPhone 12 has a Touch ID (Fingerprint). If not, I will wait for the iPhone13 or Android phone ... ?

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 2:03 PM

6 replies

Oct 14, 2020 2:32 PM in response to anypats

My iPhone 8 Plus works very well and I like the Touch ID, same as for my MacBook Pro. I do not trust the Video ID, especially with the actual virus and the mask we wear. DNA scanning will come eventually a day but for now, I use this feature (fingerprints) every day and I do not understand why Apple stop using it on new model of iPhones. Lack of vision perhaps... ?

Oct 14, 2020 2:51 PM in response to yves007

Face ID is much more secure than Touch ID. Twenty times more secure in fact. To incorporate Touch ID they would need to eliminate screen space or make the devices taller. Sure it’s a bit annoying when you’re wearing a mask but then you just put in your passcode. Minor inconvenience for better security. The chance of the next iPhone including Touch ID is low.

Oct 19, 2020 7:11 PM in response to yves007

It is your point of vue. Fingerprints have been used for years by authorities, governments and official bodies without fail. Its use is simple and efficient. FaceID was quickly hacked and could easily be bypassed. Also with the masks this makes it even more vulnerable. The other point is that I don't trust the FaceID. Why make it simple when it could be complicated? I think Apple stopped listening people and their needs. This is my feeling.

Oct 19, 2020 8:40 PM in response to yves007

Masks don’t make it vulnerable. If the camera sees a mask you have to put in the passcode. Fingerprints are extremely easy to hack. Faces, not so much. The iPhone camera will not accept a picture for FaceID. If you don’t want to use it, that’s up to you but if everyone hated Face ID and it was easily hackable then Apple would have gotten rid of it. Most people prefer Face ID. The only security that more secure than Face ID or Touch ID is a complicated alphanumeric passcode that only you know.

Is the iPhone 12 has a Touche ID (Fingerprint) ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.