Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

? Scam

I received an email

Re: Your AppleID has been locked - Current changes were made from Ontario.

There was a link in the email directing me to log in which I did then it took me to an error message.

When I returned to the initial screen of the link I realised it may not be a genuine apple page? I had already put my details in and am now concerned... I want to confirm this is legitimate apple communications.

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 4:23 PM

It was definitely not Apple. You just gave personal information to a criminal.

If it was your Apple ID and password, go into your account at icloud.com immediately, and change the password.

Some of these ask for very specific personal info, such as your Social Security number, mother's maiden name, and other info Apple would never ask you for and have no need for.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 4:23 PM in response to Mouse18

It was definitely not Apple. You just gave personal information to a criminal.

If it was your Apple ID and password, go into your account at icloud.com immediately, and change the password.

Some of these ask for very specific personal info, such as your Social Security number, mother's maiden name, and other info Apple would never ask you for and have no need for.

? Scam

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.