Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stuck on setting up my apple id for twelve hours.

I am trying to set up my new iPad, it has been stuck on the screen that says "may take a few minutes to set up your apple id." For twelve hours. I pressed the off and home button to start the set up over and it always stops at this screen.

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 2:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 2:40 AM

It is possible that your WiFi router is unexpectedly blocking access to some internet/server resources - which might be resolved by a simple restart of your router.

To restart you home router, disconnect power - then wait at least 30 seconds before restarting. When you router has rebooted (which may take several minutes), force-restart your iPad using the procedure already described.

If you continue to experience difficulties, I recommend that you seek assistance directly from Apple Support - as you may need assistance with your AppleID account. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page.

Please let us know how you get on.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2020 2:40 AM in response to Xander2020

It is possible that your WiFi router is unexpectedly blocking access to some internet/server resources - which might be resolved by a simple restart of your router.

To restart you home router, disconnect power - then wait at least 30 seconds before restarting. When you router has rebooted (which may take several minutes), force-restart your iPad using the procedure already described.

If you continue to experience difficulties, I recommend that you seek assistance directly from Apple Support - as you may need assistance with your AppleID account. You’ll find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page.

Please let us know how you get on.

Oct 14, 2020 2:11 AM in response to Xander2020

You’ll need to restart the iPad.

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On an iPad with Face ID: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Stuck on setting up my apple id for twelve hours.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.