Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with moving messages (SMS/MMS) from Android (10) to iOS (13)

Dear All,

I have problem in moving data from my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (Android 10) to iPhone 11 Pro Max (iOS 13) using built-in tool "Move from Android" on init setup.

I have downloaded tool for Android, I am able to transfer selected content, including messages (SMS/MMS), but somehow these messages on iPhone have no real received date, so all are mixed and marked with current date. It looks like they all were received together on date of transfer. What is more, after upgrade from iOS 13 to iOS 14, all incorrect received dates where overwritten again - now with date of upgrade instead of date of transfer.

Do You have any ideas how to solve this issue and transfer properly messages using built-in or another free application?

Regards,

Chris

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 7:10 AM

What you need to know is this --> Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple ...

2 replies

Oct 14, 2020 8:45 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hello,

Thanks for Your reply, but as I stated above, I already "successfully" used these tools:

• Move to iOS on Samsung (downloaded from Google Play Store)
  • Move from Android on iPhone (tool loaded on init setup)

"Successfully" means there were no problems with connection or transfer, no errors showed up.

After transfer was finished I discovered that the received dates are missing.

I have tired the same on iPhone 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max - both with the same result.

I use the default messaging apps on both - Android and iOS.

Any other clues?

Regards,

Chris

Problem with moving messages (SMS/MMS) from Android (10) to iOS (13)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.