Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic regular deletion of mail from Mail's bin

I used to be able to set up my Mail bin to automatically delete old unwanted emails by opening Accounts, selecting a mail account. When opened there would be three buttons across the top and I could select one which would then enable me to set up the auto delete after ... time. Those buttons do not appear. Help!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 6:29 AM

Open Mail, click on Mail in the menubar select Preferences click on Accounts then Mailbox behaviours.

From there select one of your Accounts you should then see Trash Mailbox and under that there will be

Erase Deleted Messages and then the options to choose when you want the messages erased.

I am writing this on macOS Mojave, if you are on Catalina is Mail the same or have they messed

with that too.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2020 6:29 AM in response to jazmec

Open Mail, click on Mail in the menubar select Preferences click on Accounts then Mailbox behaviours.

From there select one of your Accounts you should then see Trash Mailbox and under that there will be

Erase Deleted Messages and then the options to choose when you want the messages erased.

I am writing this on macOS Mojave, if you are on Catalina is Mail the same or have they messed

with that too.

Automatic regular deletion of mail from Mail's bin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.