Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have TWO Apple Watches and my morning alarm goes off on BOTH

I have two Apple Watches and my morning alarm goes off on both. I’m using the new sleep routines introduced with the latest iOS & WatchOS.

I wear one Watch to bed where it tracks my sleep. The other Watch remains on the charger.

In the morning my alarm goes off on both Watches. I have to manually dismiss the alarm on both the Watch I’m wearing as well as the Watch that is charging.

From what I can see there is no option to specifically set which Watch the alarm goes off on.

Anyone experience this and know of a fix?

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2021 9:26 AM

I’m in same boat. I don’t want to have to specify which watch is for sleep. I use both regularly and I would just like the one “not in use” at the time to remain silent.

Similar questions

13 replies

Mar 22, 2021 6:15 PM in response to Gummeah

I am in the same situation, that I cycle two watches daily. Here is what I do:

1. In the Apple Health app (on iPhone), I set my sleep schedule with the Wake Up Alarm option turned off. This will allow the Health App to still track your sleep, but you don't set the alarm there.
  2. In the Clock app (on iPhone), I set a new alarm for the time I want to wake up. Choose 'none' for Sound and 'none' for Vibration. This will make your iPhone have a silent alarm that will only show on screen.
  3. In the Watch app (on iPhone), make sure it is set to 'Auto Switch' under All Watches. Next, scroll down to the Clock app option, turn on 'Push Alerts from iPhone'.

That's it. This should make only the Apple Watch you are wearing to vibrate when the Wake Up Alarm on your iPhone goes out in the morning. The other Watch on the charger will not receive notifications from the iPhone and should not vibrate.

Oct 15, 2020 8:59 PM in response to anypats

Ok I think I’ve answered my own question. After digging through the various sleep-related settings throughout iOS, I didn’t realize there are also settings on the Watch itself.

Watch > Sleep > “Use this Watch for Sleep”

While I haven’t tested this yet, I believe this is what I was looking for. I’ve deactivated sleep for the Watch I never wear to bed.

Mar 27, 2021 12:21 PM in response to Reverendfyt

Update - I found a (not perfect but better than nothing) solution to this problem. It is to turn the Alert volume to zero on both Apple Watches that I have. This can be done on the watch under Settings, Sounds and Haptics; or use the Watch app on iPhone.

Again, the whole point here is to allow me to switch between my two Apple Watches whenever I want, while leaving the unused one on charger. Whichever watch I wear will track my sleep and wake me up by vibration (based on the alarm set within the sleep app). The downside is that the watch I wear will not ring an audio alarm because the Alert volume is turned down all the way (which I am happy to give up; I could easily use my phone for audio alerts).

The upside is that the watch on the charge will also not make a sound at all. It will not vibrate either when it is docked on the charger.

Mar 23, 2021 4:58 AM in response to silverblack

Replying to my own post - on further testing, the above didn't work; the Apple Watch on charger was still sounding the alarm.

My other suggestion at this point is, in Step 2, do not set the alarm using the Clock App. Instead, use the calendar app and set an event (with alert) at the time I want to wake up. This won't be a persistent alarm, just one vibration. It works for me as I am a light sleeper. May be there are other 3rd party alarm apps out there that would only buzz the Apple Watch being worn?

I have TWO Apple Watches and my morning alarm goes off on BOTH

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.