Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Crashing Exporting 1 Photo

I have a photos library that crashes when i even try to export 1 photo - drag and drop or using the export drop down.

Exporting unmodified original works fine but it freezes and has to be force quit if i try to export anything with edits. Any advice appreciated.

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 3:17 PM

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread)

Next, if necessary, log into another vanilla admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and see if the problem persists. (This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2020 3:17 PM in response to maggs07

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library.  Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it? (This tells us if the problem is limited to your current library or is more wide spread)

Next, if necessary, log into another vanilla admin user account, Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac and see if the problem persists. (This tells us if the problem is limited to your user account or is system wide).

Photos Crashing Exporting 1 Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.