Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

not working

My iPhone XR lets me turn on my phone but not off also lets me scroll but I can't go on apps or power off my device its been stuck like this for over a hour and a half. Im getting really irritated at this point and don't know what to do.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 14, 2020 10:19 PM

9 replies

Oct 14, 2020 10:23 PM in response to della83

Did you already try to force restart the phone, as described in this article?

If iPhone isn’t responding, and you can’t turn it off and on, try forcing it to restart.

Force restart an iPhone with Face ID, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus

1. Press and quickly release the volume up button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume down button.
  3. Press and hold the side button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Note: If iPhone still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during start up, see the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t turn on or is frozen.

copied from: Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Oct 14, 2020 10:23 PM in response to della83

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.