Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12: How to complete pre-order on Apple store app using different phone ?

So I tried to start the pre order (select phone, color, trade in, and payment method) for the 12 Pro that is opening on 10/16.

I ran into an issue that I can't figure out:

I have 2 iPhones and the phone I want to trade in does not have the Apple Card info on it (different Apple ID).

The process takes me to verify the carrier, phone trade in and then when it goes to the payment method, I have to go thru an Apple Card application which I don't need because I already have the card.

So I get an error message that stops me from completing the pre-order setup:

I tried to change the Apple ID on the trade in phone to other iPhone that has the Apple card but it says its being used.

So I am stuck !

I tried the web page on my computer but it won't let me do the pre-order setup...

What do I do ?

iPhone 11

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 10:23 AM

Yes, after an hour on the phone, Apple was able to help - they had me log out of the trade in iPhone, log in as the non trade in phone Apple ID, and was able to make the purchase.

The Apple rep said that for security purposes, one can not place Apple store orders using a different Apple ID.

Unfortunately, the time passed and missed the window of delivery for 10/23.

Due to this, my delivery shifted to 12/6.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2020 10:23 AM in response to askbarnabas

Yes, after an hour on the phone, Apple was able to help - they had me log out of the trade in iPhone, log in as the non trade in phone Apple ID, and was able to make the purchase.

The Apple rep said that for security purposes, one can not place Apple store orders using a different Apple ID.

Unfortunately, the time passed and missed the window of delivery for 10/23.

Due to this, my delivery shifted to 12/6.

iPhone 12: How to complete pre-order on Apple store app using different phone ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.