Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer Authorization

Hi! I usually use iTunes on my iPhone, but I opened iTunes on my computer today and when I try to play certain songs, the songs will not play and the computer authorization window pops up. This computer has been authorized for a long time. I de-authorized it, then re-authorized it. I've made sure that I have the latest download for iTunes and restarted my computer. I'm not sure what else to do. Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 6:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 5:37 PM

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for recent store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2020 5:37 PM in response to mrs_brit

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for recent store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

If that hasn't helped see If iTunes prompts you to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support.

tt2

Computer Authorization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.