Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone X onboard speakers/ volume button and slider issue

Dear fellow Apple Iphone X owners,

This comment is directed towards other people that own a iPhone x. I wouldn't mind if apple saw this.

So the issue I currently am experiencing on my Iphone X is the inability to use the iPhones onboard speakers. This issue effects the onboard sterio speakers. This includes the earpiece speaker and the speaker on the bottom on the phone. I'm 100% sure that my speakers aren't busted and my issue is a software bug relating to ios 14 or 14.0.1. For example when I hit my volume buttons or I use the pull down menu volume slider I am unable to adjust the volume of my phone at all. When I hit the volume buttons nothing appears on screen indicating what the volume is set too. As soon as I plug in headphones with my lightning to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter magically the volume buttons function and show the volume bar on screen, and the pull down menu volume slider works as well.

So pretty much my question is does anyone else experience this? Also does anyone have any idea of when the next software update will come out hopefully patching stuff like this? This issue happened on ios 14.0.1, 14.2 beta 3. I have done multiple factory resets and I even used the beta to see if that had the fix. It didn't. I left feedback for it on the feedback app in the beta and it said next to my report that atleast ten other people had similar reports. I hope this gets fixed so I can use my iphone again.

Sincerely,

Blue

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 12:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 8:15 PM

I just got this phone also and it's my first iphone that I bought to actually use. It's just wierd how the software is acting.

Similar questions

2 replies

IPhone X onboard speakers/ volume button and slider issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.