Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you turn off Activation Lock on a phone from a deceased relative?

My father passed away a few years back and I am just getting around to trading in his iPhone 6(?). However the Activation Lock is still on and I cannot proceed with completely wiping the phone. I do not have his old Apple ID or password. I appreciate any help.

iPhone 6

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 2:23 PM

Snakeeater36 wrote:

My father passed away a few years back and I am just getting around to trading in his iPhone 6(?). However the Activation Lock is still on and I cannot proceed with completely wiping the phone. I do not have his old Apple ID or password. I appreciate any help.

Read here How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2020 2:23 PM in response to Snakeeater36

Snakeeater36 wrote:

Read here How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple accounts - Apple Support

How do you turn off Activation Lock on a phone from a deceased relative?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.