Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 2 accounts that my wife and i share. On one acct it says i have 178 gigs of storage in icloud. In the other account it shows 4.5 gigs of storge left. Do i need to add more to this account or cant it use the account with 178 gig

Can 2 accounts that are in our family share, share the Icloud storage between the two accounts?

Posted on Oct 15, 2020 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2020 1:50 PM

It’s impossible to share different iCloud accounts when you use Family Sharing. Only the Family Organizer can purchase the storage for the family and then they can invite the other members to share the storage. Therefore, you cannot use a second iCloud account for additional storage to share with the family.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2020 1:50 PM in response to doerre

It’s impossible to share different iCloud accounts when you use Family Sharing. Only the Family Organizer can purchase the storage for the family and then they can invite the other members to share the storage. Therefore, you cannot use a second iCloud account for additional storage to share with the family.

I have 2 accounts that my wife and i share. On one acct it says i have 178 gigs of storage in icloud. In the other account it shows 4.5 gigs of storge left. Do i need to add more to this account or cant it use the account with 178 gig

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.